Friday, November 13, 2009

The Nursery

I am pretty much considering Mason's nursery a done deal. It is pretty much exactly the way I wanted it to be... I am just putting a few finshing touches here and there, but for the most part, I love it the way it is. We are still finding homes from all the awesome stuff we got at the shower, so forgive the full crib! But minus that, this is the boy's room!

His crib, which has super cute bedding you really can't see because it is packed full of gifts that need to be put away! I have to get on that this weekend!

The shelf is probably my very favorite part of his room. The picture frame on it has a poem by Shel Silverstein called "The Mustn'ts". I love this poem, and have always told Nate I want it in each of my children's bedrooms. It is everything I want my children to know wrapped up in a single paragraph. We are still decorating the shelf. The jars will eventually be filled. The giraffe was the perfect addition, added by my great friend Kamie. It looks perfect.

This is his stroller, parked in the corner. With some gifts hanging around the crib.


In my imaginary world that all new moms probably have, this is the place I see Mason and I spending most of our time. Cuddled up in the comfy glider, wrapped up in that cute blanket Aunt Ranell made, reading books. (It was Bedtime Stories themed shower, so people brought books instead of cards! He got some really cute, and fun books we can't wait to read to him.)


The changing table, which is packed full of diapers, burp clothes, wipes, and lotioney items. Not the most gamerous part of his room, but definitely very important!

His room is great... Now I just need a baby to put in it! We are on the "less than one month" countdown... 29 days as of today! My doctor said she wouldn't make me go past my due date of December 12th... But that's my birthday! So everyone do some wishing and praying that he will be an anxious baby that comes a little early, haha! Or I may stun my doctor and request an induction a few days after!

6 comments:

Ranell and Brandon said...

Awww His little nursery is so cute! And definitely jam packed with awesome things for little Mason. I would die for a nursery that size! It looks like you are stocked and ready to go. We can't wait to meet Mason and see you and Nate give him everything he needs. You guys will be AWESOME parents!

Jami said...

that is so cute!!! everyone at my work thinks its darling! i'm so excited for you guys! You and Nate are going to be the cutest parents! mason will be such a lucky kid! :)

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

Wow, the room looks great! You are going to love the swing and rocking chair. We have the same one and it saved me many potentially sleepless nights. You will love being a mom and I'm sure you will be a great one! Mason is a lucky kid!

Anonymous said...

It's perfect!! Now you just need the baby..................any day now Mason. I can't wait!

Ape and Juice said...

What a fun shower!! Looks like you got a ton of awesome stuff and that blanket Ranell made you is sooo cute! Congrats!!!

Maren said...

Cute!!!
Okay, any day....right?
I think you are ready to put that rockin' nursery to use.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates