Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hey mama... get in the picture.

I'll admit it. 99.9% of the time, I hide from the camera. Any camera. (Unless of course, it's a picture taken with my iPhone, shot from the perfect upper angle to highlight my good side.) Looking back at the past three years, there just aren't many pictures of Mason and mommy, together. This morning, I decided that should change. 
My sweet little monster woke up one snuggly bug, and wanted to cuddle on the couch before breakfast. How do you deny such a sweet request? So, we did just that... and snapped a few pictures. Is my hair done? No. Do I have any makeup on? Nope. Heck, my mouth is even half open. But, I will treasure this picture, the smooches he planted all over my face, and the sweet morning we shared together; regardless of my degree of "ready". Sometimes, being a mom is just about simply living in the moment, and not getting ready for it first. Get in more pictures mama. If I can do it, I know you can too. 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Jim said...

I missed seeing this ... What a sweet pic ... But more importantly... Wow! What a powerful message - so eloquent! If more parents would just 'get in the picture' .. The world would be so much better!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates