Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In Loving Memory

In Loving Memory
John Neldon Whicker
1952-2009

Nate's Uncle John passed away last week. I only had the chance to meet him once, during our wedding. Man did I miss out on a great man! Oh, the stories I have heard of Uncle John! Nate's Grandma Marlene told me at John's viewing that my husband has some Uncle John in him... So I must believe that John was a fiesty, funny, giving, and charming man, from the stories I have heard of him, and because that is just like Nate. What a great family the Whickers are; I don't think there is a more embracing, loving family in the world. I had the chance to meet cousins, and relatives I had yet to meet, and that Nate had not seen in years. It's so sad that it sometimes takes such circumstances to bring families together. That will have to change.

The viewing blew me away. Unlce John was known for giving out popcorn, and Tootsie Pops at the tire shop he owned, and also known for his addicition to Vanilla Coke. All through the funeral home, I saw little kids sucking on Tootsie Pops someone had brought, and given out in his memory. There were also a few cans of Vanilla Coke scattered about. For the entire length of the viewing, there was a line out the door of the funeral home of people waiting in line, for quite some time, to say goodbye to John and pay respects to his amazing family. John left a family of strong, compassionate, and loving people. I'm sure he had quite a bit to do with that. Tootsie Pops will always mean Uncle John in this household. We love you guys...

3 comments:

Beck's said...

Thanks for you commments about my dad. I agree my dad loved Nate. He would have some good laughs with my dad. You better be careful because he has the personality of him. We loved seeing you, and want to see you more often..

Love ya
Jodi Whicker Beck

Jami said...

it was so good to see you guys! and be warned, Nate is a lot like my papa john, and man did john love that kid. he had so many good times with him in hawaii! he just loved nate and its so good to see a little john in him cause i know nate will carry on that funny loving and contagious personality.. thanks so much for coming down, it was so good to see you guys..... finally!

Jake & Karaline said...

Hey Kerianne. It's Karaline. I some how found your blog. Don't you just love blogging?! It's such a great way to keep in touch with everyone. You should check out ours. Oh and sorry about Nate's uncle:( that is a bummer!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates