Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tonsillectomy

Well today I had my tonsils removed! I was pretty nervous about getting them out (the internet is full of bad / good news) They had me show up at 10:00 a.m. Camille took me ( THANKS A BUNCH ) at around 11 they put me out and about 8 minutes later they woke me up! (VERY FAST) The nurses told me before hand to plan on about 20-30 minutes and then about 3 hours of waiting monitoring vitals. The pain hasn't been too unbearable yet. They say the worst is 3 to 4 days later once the scabs are forming. Although maybe the pain meds are just working :) I’ve been drinking a lot of fluids have been lucky as far as having an appetite! I had some chicken noodle on the way home from Chick-Fil-A, and just finished up with some Ramen Noodles! I'm hoping thinks continue to go smooth!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nate and I are glad to hear you are doing well. Let us know if you guys need anything.

Beck's said...

Sorry about the tonsil problem. Milk it for all it is worth. Eat all the ice cream that you can...
Get well soon..

Maren said...

Sorry, Nate! I hope you are feeling better and that the healing went well. I still have my tonsils and I just want them to continue to behave. Surgery = no thank you.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates