Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day, and The Date of the Month Club!

Valentine's Day is so fun when you're married... It gives you a reason to be lovey dovey and no one can ridicule you for it! My great friend Kamie showed me an awesome blog called Love Actually which has some really awesome cheap/homemade gift, and dating ideas. Kamie and her sister had used one of the ideas from the blog called "The Date of the Month Club". I made my own, and gave it to Nate for his Valentine's gift. It was really fun to make getting to put so much work into something special for Nate. He deserves it. I loved all the time I got to spend getting to know photoshop (pretty sure I cannot live without it anymore) and I can't wait to start the monthly dates!

This is the flier telling him he's been enrolled, and all the details of the membership.

These are the 12 dates to choose from. He gets to pick which one we do each month.

Part of the membership included a box of kisses. Each redeemable for a "real" kiss at anytime :)

These are the 2 "luxurious" vacations we will be taking this year. One will be a "Bed and Breakfast", the other "Las Vegas"! (Both will be taking place in our home. The Love Actually blog has all the instructions and ideas for the "vacations", and all the date ideas too!)

These are his "Romance Reward" tickets. Some say funny things, like the Doghouse Freebie (Which is a free pass to get him out of the doghouse!)-others are redeemable for things that he likes, like The Game Night Token, which gives him a night of guilt free gaming on his PS3.

Seriously, this was so fun to make. I am probablymore proud of it, and excited to do it than Nate is... But that's okay! He'll end up having a ton of fun doing it too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. Wow you really went all out. Let me know what dates you guys do. We are doing our pizzeria tonight.

Michelle said...

Keri this is SO stinkin cute!! I can't get over it! :D What a great idea!!! I may have to steal this idea for Ryan's birthday in April!!

Maren said...

THAT is a nice gift. Beautiful too. What a fun idea.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates