Monday, March 22, 2010

I'd like to thank the academy...

Okay, so it isn't an Oscar. But it's just as good! My Spring Swap partner Kelley gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award! My first award ever I might add. A stipulation to this award includes posting seven things about myself. Here we go!

#1- I loathe laundry. Seriously. I don't really want a maid. I don't mind cleaning. But if the laundry fairy wanted to drop by, say three times or so a week, to catch up on the loads and put it all away when she was finished, I absolutely would not refuse her refuge in the Whicker home.

#2- I am a "wannabe" crafter. I love crafting. I try to only reward myself with craft time after said laundry and cleaning has been finished. I say "wannabe" because the ideas I craft up, are never my own. I find so many fun, and creative ideas on blogs, from my sister-in-law, friends, ect. How I wish I was creative enough to whip something up all on my own!

#3- I love to cook. See Whicker Basket Catering Co. for a sampling of my arsenal of favorites. Is it ever fancy? Absolutely not. But it is almost always tasty. Ever seen Julie and Julia? Julie says to her husband after a hard day..."Chocolate cream pie! You know what I love about cooking? I love that after a day when nothing is sure and when I say nothing, I mean nothing. You can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. That's such a comfort." I couldn't have said it better myself. That is why I love to cook.I should probably get this movie, especially if I am pulling quotes from it.

#4- I am a self proclaimed addict to several sites online. Maybe I'm just addicted to the internet? That would probably be a better generalization. I love facebook. Who doesn't? You get to keep in contact with people you otherwise wouldn't. I love blogging. Putting pictures up of the two most handsome men I know for the world to see... There's nothing better. Babysteals.com. Ugh. This one's bad. If you called me at 9:00am, if I'm not at work (and I may even check there too... but only really quickly!), you can probably bet I'm waiting to see what the day's deal is. It is a sickness. And, last, but surely not least, my beloved ETSY. I have an entire post below, devoted to my dedication. Nothing more need be said.

#5- I love color. Bright ones. Especially orange, and green lately. Colors accentuate my world. What a boring place this world would be if everything were in grayscale.

#6- Halloween is absolutely my #1 favorite holiday. Not because I like to dress up, I never do. Or because I like the candy, I'd rather pass. I love carving pumpkins. I love the glow its gives while a candle flickers inside. I love Fall. The colors, and the falling leaves ease my spirit. The smell of Fall. That crisp, cool, crunchy leaves, and burning pumpkin smell. I wish I could bottle it and keep it all year long. I love spending time with my Dad. He loved Halloween when I was a kid. He dressed up like a gorilla. He still decorates their garage. More than anything, his love for it is probably what continually drives mine. I can't wait to share that with Mason.

#7- I am a homebody. I would so much rather hang out at home with my family than go anywhere. I prefer to wait till the movie comes out on DVD, than seeing it in the theater. The popcorn at home is better, and the Diet Coke can have vanilla added to it whenever I want. I can also put on my pajamas and stretch out on my comfy couch (and probably fall asleep). But even if I only see half of it because I zonked out halfway through, that one half was a million times better than it would have been in theaters. I guarantee it.

Alrighty folks. That's my seven. I would love to give this award out to all of you (although I know "all" is probably like a maximum of three! And even three might be an overshoot.) but I don't know who would want to play... And I'm not one to pressure. So if you have read this, consider yourself awarded! Lucky, you! Post this award on your blog, and comment on my post so I can head over and read about you. I would love to get to know my three readers better :)

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates